Last Alteration: Friday 05 July 2013

Brian Cox Motor Engineering

Displaying all 10 items

Brian Cox Motor Engineering

Photos from inside the garage were taken by Paul Hopkins with kind permission of the owner, Brian Cox.
A brief history of the garage:

It was built by M.J. Cox in 1939. Much of the materials sourced locally from various places including mine pits. A large shackle used to lift out engines was originally used for lowering miners down a shaft in the Forest. The bricks came from a brickworks next to the Princess Royal Colliery. The large roof supporting beam was salvaged from The Brick Pit Mine.

Cox's coach firm,'Cox's Coaches', was also run from this garage.

In 1964 the garage was extended to the rear.

At the time of filming for The Christmas Invasion, his son Brian Cox was running the garage.

The recession of the late 2000s has led to the garage being closed.


Taken: 3 Jul 2013
By: Paul Hopkins


Taken: 3 Jul 2013
By: Paul Hopkins


Taken: 3 Jul 2013
By: Paul Hopkins


Taken: 3 Jul 2013
By: Paul Hopkins


Taken: 3 Jul 2013
By: Paul Hopkins


Taken: 3 Jul 2013
By: Paul Hopkins


Taken: 3 Jul 2013
By: Paul Hopkins


Taken: 3 Jul 2013
By: Paul Hopkins


Taken: 18 Dec 2012
By: Paul Hopkins


Taken: 17 Mar 2009
By: Paul Hopkins

Information, downloads, photographs and other media are displayed for reference purposes only - they remain the copyright of their respective authors and no attempt has been made to supercede such rights.






Webpage meets XHTML+RDFa standard Webpage meets CSS standard

Page visited 88 times

THE LOCATIONS GUIDE IS COPYRIGHT © 2014 CHUCK FOSTER AND HOSTED BY NEWS IN TIME AND SPACE LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

DOCTOR WHO IS COPYRIGHT © BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION (BBC) 1963, 2014.
NO INFRINGEMENT OF THIS COPYRIGHT IS EITHER IMPLIED OR INTENDED.