Last Alteration: Sunday 07 April 2013

Cyfarthfa Castle

GPS Coordinates

51°45'24"-03°23'24" show decimal

Google Earth

Location Point

Streetmap

Online Map

Cyfarthfa Castle
Cyfarthfa Park, Merthy Tydfil, CF47 8RE

The mansion was built in the 1820s for William Crawshay, overlooking the successful ironworks that he owned. It was sold to the local council in 1908, and became a museum and school.

Additional locations as the crow flies:

»

Vaynor Quarry (Last of the Time Lords): 1.33 miles.

»

Morlais (The Fires of Pompeii): 1.36 miles.

»

Gethin Woods (The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe): 1.66 miles.

»

Baverstock Hotel (The Runaway Bride): 2.24 miles.

»

Gethin Woodland Park (Doctor Who Series Seven Part 2): 2.94 miles.

Further links about the location:

»

Merthyr Tydfil Council - castle details/opening hours

»

Visit Merthyr - castle details

»

Old Merthyr - castle details (including floor plan)

Related Stories

»

Let's Kill Hitler [1,6-7 Apr 2011]: Amelia's school/Chancelry corridor

Information, downloads, photographs and other media are provided for reference and for personal use only (planning visits etc.) - they remain the copyright of their respective authors and may not be duplicated on any other website or media without prior permission.

All screen captures are the copyright of the BBC and appear here as reference to illustrate the location in comparison with how it looked at the time of filming and the present day; no attempt is made to supercede this or any other copyright.






Webpage meets XHTML+RDFa standard Webpage meets CSS standard

Page visited 3810 times

THE LOCATIONS GUIDE IS COPYRIGHT © 2014 CHUCK FOSTER AND HOSTED BY NEWS IN TIME AND SPACE LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

DOCTOR WHO IS COPYRIGHT © BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION (BBC) 1963, 2014.
NO INFRINGEMENT OF THIS COPYRIGHT IS EITHER IMPLIED OR INTENDED.