Last Alteration: Sunday 07 April 2013

Diageo (Park Royal)

GPS Coordinates

51°31'50"-00°16'58" show decimal

Google Earth

Location Point

Streetmap

Online Map

Diageo (Park Royal)
Park Royal, London, NW10 7RR

Formerly known as Guinness Brewery

The Guinness Brewery was built between 1933 and 1936 by the reknowned designer Sir Giles Gilbert Scott (who also designed Battersea and Bankside power stations). It opened in 1937 and produced Guinness for the whole of the UK. In 1997 Guinness merged with Grand Metropolitan to create a new company, Diageo, who have made the Park Royal site their headquarters.

Diageo ceased the production of Guinness at the brewery in 2005, transferring it to their brewery in Dublin instead. Despite campaigns to save the unlisted buildings, Diageo demolished the entire factory in 2006.

How to get here:

»

Underground (Central): Hanger Lane - Exit the station from the Western Avenue (east) tunnel, and then follow the road until you reach Coronation Road and follow it left to the roundabout outside Diageo headquarters. The old Guinness Brewery site is across the field opposite. +

»

Underground (Piccadilly): Park Royal - Exit the station and then turn right. Follow the subway under the main road and then continue along the footpath as it crosses over the Central line and then underneath Coronation Road. Head up the steps to the Diageo headquarters, and the old Guinness Brewery site is across the field opposite. +

»

Bus: Park Royal Bus Map - Routes PR1, 226; Diageo is at the First Central Business Park bus stop. +

 

Access: privateStatus: demolished"Entrance" 

Photo

«prev photo next photo»Photograph taken: 3rd March 2011 by Chuck Foster

"The old entrance road is still there, though now blocked off. Strangely the old zebra crossing by the old Factory entrance is still there!"

[view all photos in this album]

The Invasion (3)
Screen Shot
Filmed: 11 Sep 1968
Vaughn's car arrives at his country headquarters.

 

Photo

«prev photo next photo»Photograph taken: 3rd March 2011 by Chuck Foster

"Nothing has really changed on-site since my 2007 visit; about the only difference is that the old car park in front of the Guinness building is being used again!"

[view all photos in this album]

The Invasion (3)
Screen Shot
Screen Shot
Filmed: 11 Sep 1968
Vaughn escorts the Doctor and Jamie into his headquarters.

 

 

Access: publicStatus: redevelopedRailway 

Photo

«prev photo next photo»Photograph taken: 3rd March 2011 by Chuck Foster

"The old footpath by the railway is now the pavement, and the road itself follows the old rail track - so it is now possible to stand about where the camera was!"

[view all photos in this album]

The Invasion (2)
Screen Shot
Screen Shot
Filmed: 11 Sep 1968
The Doctor and Jamie sneak into Vaughn's factory via the railway sidings.

 

Additional Notes:

»

In 2008 a new link road was completed which links up with Cumberland Avenue with Coronation Road; it follows the route of the rail track into the factory when it stood here.

»

The factory on the left was named Conniston House for many years; it was renovated during 2010 and is now owned by HMR.

 

Access: publicStatus: redevelopedFormer Railway Sidings 

Photo

«prev photo next photo»Photograph taken: 3rd March 2011 by Chuck Foster

"The area to the north where the sidings used to be have yet to be redeveloped."

[view all photos in this album]

The Invasion (3)
Screen Shot
Filmed: 11 Sep 1968
View of the factory railway sidings.

 

Where to walk to next?

»

BBC (Victoria Road) (The Invasion, Spearhead from Space, The Ambassadors of Death). No route recorded to this location.

Additional locations as the crow flies:

»

BBC (Kendal Avenue) (The Evil of the Daleks): 0.65 miles.

»

KJP Trading: 1.07 miles.

»

Wimbledon Studios (An Adventure in Space and Time): 1.14 miles.

»

Ealing (Spearhead from Space): 1.34 miles.

»

BBC Villiers House (The Enemy of the World): 1.36 miles.

Further links about the location:

»

Diageo

»

Risky Buildings - The Guinness Brewery under threat.

Related Stories

»

The Invasion [11 Sep 1968]: Vaughn's Headquarters.

Information, downloads, photographs and other media are provided for reference and for personal use only (planning visits etc.) - they remain the copyright of their respective authors and may not be duplicated on any other website or media without prior permission.

All screen captures are the copyright of the BBC and appear here as reference to illustrate the location in comparison with how it looked at the time of filming and the present day; no attempt is made to supercede this or any other copyright.






Webpage meets XHTML+RDFa standard Webpage meets CSS standard

Page visited 20289 times

THE LOCATIONS GUIDE IS COPYRIGHT © 2014 CHUCK FOSTER AND HOSTED BY NEWS IN TIME AND SPACE LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

DOCTOR WHO IS COPYRIGHT © BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION (BBC) 1963, 2014.
NO INFRINGEMENT OF THIS COPYRIGHT IS EITHER IMPLIED OR INTENDED.