Last Alteration: Sunday 07 April 2013

RFA Robert Dundas

RFA Robert Dundas
(dismantled)

The Royal Fleet Auxiliary ship Robert Dundas was a coastal storage tanker owned by the Royal Navy; it was launched in 1938 and sailed in a number of convoys during the Second World War. After the war it continued to be used for cargo transportation until it was finally decommmissioned in 1971. On 3rd June 1972 the ship made its final journey to Grays, Essex for demolition by T.W. Ward Ltd, with the Doctor Who crew filming on the ship for Carnival of Monsters the preceeding two days. It was finally broken up in March 1973.

Unfortunately this means we'll never have any new location photos for the ship!

Notable photos/media relating to the location:

»

RFA Plymouth - Photo of the ship at sail

»

HazGeoff blog - on the ship during 1968

Further links about the location:

»

Historical RFA - RFA Robert Dundas

»

Military Geneology - RFA Robert Dundas

Related Stories

»

Carnival of Monsters [1-2 Jun 1972]: The SS Bernice

Information, downloads, photographs and other media are provided for reference and for personal use only (planning visits etc.) - they remain the copyright of their respective authors and may not be duplicated on any other website or media without prior permission.

All screen captures are the copyright of the BBC and appear here as reference to illustrate the location in comparison with how it looked at the time of filming and the present day; no attempt is made to supercede this or any other copyright.






Webpage meets XHTML+RDFa standard Webpage meets CSS standard

Page visited 2549 times

THE LOCATIONS GUIDE IS COPYRIGHT © 2014 CHUCK FOSTER AND HOSTED BY NEWS IN TIME AND SPACE LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

DOCTOR WHO IS COPYRIGHT © BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION (BBC) 1963, 2014.
NO INFRINGEMENT OF THIS COPYRIGHT IS EITHER IMPLIED OR INTENDED.